cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hudl Battery

valart
Grafter

Hudl Battery

My Hudl 1 battery does not hold the charge anymore so I managed to get the back off which was easy I noticed that the battery as a connector attached to it so there is no soldering to do,I have ordered a Hudl battery from ebay so I'm going to have a go at it.
10 REPLIES 10
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Hudl Battery

The hardest thing I found was getting the battery out.
The one I played with the battery was stuck well on and the battery is prone to bend.
Still if you're dumping the old battery that's not a problem.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You mean they glue it on?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Usually (in tablets) they are held with double sided tape, use a BLUNT knife or similar to ease it out, move round the battery and don't press too hard as it is resting on the LCD.
billnotben
Community Veteran

Except it's pretty much walled in in the Hudl.
At best a flexible bit of plastic is the only option.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Hairy
use a BLUNT knife or similar to ease it out

Don't use anything sharp.
1. you could puncture the Lithium battery bad idea
2. you could puncture the LCD by by hudl.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The 'pry-tools' included in this kind of kit are probably ideal: http://www.iparts-4u.co.uk/8-in-1-Repair-Opening-Pry-Tools-Kit-Set-for-Apple-iPhone-4-4s-5?gclid=Cj0...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
billnotben
Community Veteran

No they don't work because the battery bends and distorts when pressure is put on a small area.
In the end I used a strip of plastic cut from a top up card, or the like, to slide in and help brake the bond. And as suggested a flexible blunt knife.
Though that was mainly because I wasn't chucking the battery.
That is a handy kit though. I bought mine off ebay from China. Cost me some silly price in auction like 11p.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd be very cautious of using a knife (even if blunt) unless it's plastic, I used a metal 'implement' (can't remember exactly what it was - probably an old blunt screwdriver) trying to remove a battery from an i-phone 5 and found it exceptionally easy to puncture the skin of the battery.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
valart
Grafter

I changed the battery on my Hurl and it was a simple task it came out without any problem, I might renew the charging port because sometimes it does not charge so I will renew it I have seen it done on YouTube.
billnotben
Community Veteran

I've changed the charging port on one and it was very simple.
I can see why these often get broken.
Going by the icon on the micro USB plug, it inserts upside down compared to all the other devices I have.