cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hudl 2

valart
Grafter

Hudl 2

Anybody out there got Hudl 2 it supposed to be a lot better than the first one which i bought a year ago and i am a bit dissapointed with it I only seem to get about three hours of battery life out of it on a full charge,surely the battery has not lost it's charge in under a year.
6 REPLIES 6
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Hudl 2

Ah, well..... you may have just found them out ! ! ! ....
marketing guys have all sorts of things up their sleeves..... especially when trying to get something ( copied ) new to the market..... so having a very small capacity battery, with a ( known ) short lifetime, will get people hooked on the product, and give the makers some feedback to improve the version 2 in the next year or so....
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Have you checked the battery usage display? You can see which app is using most of the battery power that way.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Buy an android tablet off DX.com, you'll find plenty of devices more reliable than that thing that te$co offers... Grin
(the irony being that DX.com offers chinese poo that is not even worth half what they ask for, yet is better than te$co's hudl things)
valart
Grafter

I have checked by the usage display and closed the apps that are draining the battery but it has made no difference, I was advised to reset the tablet to it's factory settings,not sure what that does.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

My missus has an original hudl and the battery goes on way longer than 3 hours.
Mind you.. it don't get used much at the moment..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
PitchBlack
Grafter

I bought a hudl 2 on Monday, I was a bit cautious after all the negative comments (mostly by people who don't own one) and I am very happy with it. I always read loads of reviews before I buy anything and the Hudl 2 had some great reviews. I have never had a tablet before so I can't compare battery life but I have watched BBCi player for about 30 minutes, Loaded a few apps, listened to triple M radio station in Australia for about 30 minutes, been on wifi for maybe 2 hours total and the battery from its first charge (3 hours) is sat at 30%, so probably not the best, but not the worst either. I haven't switched it off yet so 1 day 23 hours of battery use.
I am impressed with the speed, I have had no stutter, everything seems really smooth and the 1920 x 1200 screen is great to watch.
HTH
Jim