Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Y6 app removal

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Huawei Y6 app removal

My Dad has just been (mis) sold a Huawei Y6 which he didn't need, but there you go, he won't kick up as that is how he is. He is used to Samsung devices (as am I)  and was having some issues with the new system. I have set up the apps that he wants and he doesn't need many. Problem is, all the app shortcuts that are loaded onto the home screen. Because there is a separate apps area in a Samsung, you delete the shortcut and carry on as usual. not with the Huwaei, everything pre- installed is classed as a system app and cannot be removed. Now forgive me, but I think if you purchase something you should be able to customise it the way you want, not the way the manufacturer says. Huwaei are classing things like Gallery, GMail, Camera, Google Drive, the Google apps folder,  stock messaging (easier to use alternatives installed) are all unable to be removed. You can move the apps to other screens, but he doesn't use the apps or want the screens. Has anyone successfully found a way to get rid please? Google is not my friend and Y6 brings up very few relevant results.

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Huawei Y6 app removal

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

if you don't want to root it you could try https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I think I may have found the way, I was obviously Googling the wrong term. I need to activate the app drawer on the screen instead of using the default screen. This will then give me the 9 dots to move the apps to. Just got to go back to the old mans and check Smiley

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

I have the Huawei Honour 9 lite, if the interface on the Y6 is similar then you can activate the Drawer from Ssttjngs->display->home screen style . If you want a 'really' simple interface then there's also 'simple mode' . Activated from Ssttjngs->system . This gives a set of home screens with BIG buttons and just the apps you add to them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.