cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch (or cast?) BT Sport app to my TV with Humax box

penners7

How to watch (or cast?) BT Sport app to my TV with Humax box

I have paid for the BT Sport app and can watch it on my iPad. However, we'd like to watch it on our TV, as watching football on a tiny screen isn't great for the 2 of us. I'd be very grateful if someone could explain how I go about setting it up to watch it on my TV. Normally to access apps, I go through my Humax TV portal (Humax box HDR2000T). It was suggested I could cast it, but I have no idea how to do that. I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a simple step-by-step on how to get it sorted... Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: How to watch (or cast?) BT Sport app to my TV with Humax box

If you want to 'Cast' BT Sport to your TV, then a Chromecast is what you need. They're only £30, but often reduced to far less.

httpss:/wwwwgooglee.comintll/enukkchromecastttvv/

penners7

Thanks for such a prompt reply! Would the Chromecast solution work via my iPad, or does it work independently (sorry, but I haven't done casting so don't really understand how it works)?

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

It uses the iPad (or Android device, Chrome browser) as an interface/control, but once you've started 'casting' it's essentially stand alone and you could use your iPad for other things, or even power it off and it would have no effect on whatever is streaming on the Chromecast.

A better explanation and video showing it in use here

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/127898-what-is-google-chromecast-and-why-should-you-care

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Apple also do a cable to convert their connectors to HDMI, however whilst this worked when I had the full BT Sport app when I subscribed to their TV service, it did not work when I used the free for 6 months EE mobile APP.

penners7

Many thanks, Mustrum. I'll look into that option too.

penners7

That's really useful, DaveyH. I'll take a look at the link. Hopefully one of these options will get it sorted. Thanks again.