Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view USB port specs

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

How to view USB port specs

I need to download some data to USB ( my other post  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148809.0.html ) and decided to get a new stick.  With the fast data transfer of USB3  ,that's the way to go.  However, as my laptop is a few years old I decided to check whether it was compatible. yet on Windows 10, I can't find any way to check.
Acer Aspire 5733. running Win10.
Any ideas,anyone?
2 REPLIES 2
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: How to view USB port specs

Just found specs online ( sixth site ). Now how do I delete this thread?  Huh Huh
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: How to view USB port specs

in case you didn't find out whilst looking for the specs on your laptop usb3 is fully backwards compatible with usb2/usb1 sockets on the pc,
so if you see a good bargain on a usb 3 flash drive grab it, and then you have one for the future when you get round to upgrading your hardware, also if its above 128gb then most TV's with the usb dvr function will allow you to use the thumb drive as an external media drive, something I found useful for the kids (their TV's do time shift and usb recording from freeview despite being a few years old)
so gets the best priced device you can, if you haven't already bought one my memory often do cheap deals on thumb drive as well (some of them are ultra small for portable devices as well)
having said all that I prefer things like the transend storejet 1tb external usb3 drive for use as a dvr setup Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you