Did you mean: 

How to make a password visible when typed into my Banking Site

FIXED
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

How to make a password visible when typed into my Banking Site

Reason

On my banking site there is an option to enter it without using card details but when doing that it sometimes/often fails due to typing errors when entering the password although using the On Screen Keyboard may be an an option as you can see which key has been pressed just like on a smart phone

The only other option appears  it type it into Notepad and copy/paste the password from there except I could use

Note that this in Firefox if that has any relevance

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How to make a password visible when typed into my Banking Site

Fix

Should have checked the Firefox addons before posting

Show/hide passwords by Didier Lafleur does exactly what I want

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Or you could use the Firefox add-on called Lastpass. It stores then fills the details in for you ever after, you just need to store one username / password for all of your sites.

paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have been using LastPass for several years. as harrym1byt says, it's a secure password storage & filler system.

Your passwords are held in the LastPass cloud encrypted (so even they can not access your passwords). Your PC downloads the latest encrypted file, and when you "unlock" your lastpass, to use it, that password is the decryption password. (so make sure THAT password is a good and unique one!!

You can use LastPass across multiple devices (PC's, tablets, mobile phones) which for me is one of it's great strengths.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

@paul_blitz wrote:

You can use LastPass across multiple devices (PC's, tablets, mobile phones) which for me is one of it's great strengths.

Which means - if you set up a password on one machine, that same login will appear on all of your machines using that same Lastpass account.