cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get hits when using web forwarding?

NicholasKey
Dabbler

How to get hits when using web forwarding?

Hi there,
I hope you are well,
Id be delighted if someone could help me.
I use web forwarding from www.safe2surf.biz to my www.nicholaskey.f9.co.uk but despie using meta tags and registering safe2surf.biz, the safe2surf address is not coming up in any search listings, hence, not getting any hits!
I have looked on the Internet for some help on this but am really struggling so your thoughts would be welcome.
Nick
9 REPLIES 9
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: How to get hits when using web forwarding?

Just clicked on your www.nicholaskey.f9.go.uk and it takes me to the page for safe2surf..... I was visitor 262 on safe2surf site, so I clicked on th safe2surf link and became visitor 263 on safe2surf
Perhaps something is pointng the link to the wrong place?? ?? ?Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did your quiz  cant agree with two of your answers.
old computor, no disc wiping program is secure, I would take out the disc every time
why pay for a Malware program, after all the virus pushers try to sell you a rubbish program and at least two free programs are the best cure around
NicholasKey
Dabbler

Thanks for looking,
Typing safe2surf into a search engine returns nothing whereas typing in nicholaskey.f9.co.uk finds the URL.
Any ideas?
Nick
pierre_pierre
Grafter

#
Safe 2 Surf
I - John 'Max' Maxwell and my company safe-2-surf of Tiverton, provide PC repair and IT support services to the small business managers and home PC users of ...
www.safe-2-surf.co.uk/ - Cached - Similar
#
Business and Home PC services from safe-2-surf of Tiverton in Devon
Safe-2-surf have a simple services offering for both the business manager and home PC users alike. I offer virus protection, health checks, computer repairs ...
www.safe-2-surf.co.uk/services.htm - Cached
Show more results from www.safe-2-surf.co.uk
#
Safe2surf - UniTamil - tamil search engine!
What is proxy server? Proxy server is one that acts on behalf of another server, usually for Web rel... Added: 07 Sep 2009. From: safe2surf. Views: 1826 ...
www.unitamil.com/videos_user.php?q=safe2surf - Cached
#
Safe2Surf Webhosting
- [ Translate this page ]
Safe2Surf Webhosting is een bedrijf dat kwaliteit biedt voor een betaalbare prijs. Zowel bedrijven als particulieren kunnen bij Safe2Surf Webhosting terecht ...
www.safe2surf.nl/ - Cached
#
Safe-2-surf.co.uk (Safe-2-surf) Website Review | WebsiteJudge ...
Website Review of Safe-2-surf.co.uk (Safe-2-surf). What is your opinion about www.Safe-2-surf.co.uk? Create a profile, review this website yourself and ...
websitejudge.com/en/countries...UK/safe-2-surf.co.uk - United States - Cached
#
safe2surf - TubeQ.com
TubeQ - Get the best internet videos - Funny videos, Amazing clips, Rare movies.
www.tubeq.com/user/safe2surf - Cached
#
safe-2-surf.co.uk - Traffic Details from Alexa
About Safe 2 Surf (safe-2-surf.co.uk): Offers IT support and web design to business and home users. Profile, services and news. ...
www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.safe-2-surf.co.uk
#
Safe2surf.org.uk - Safe 2 Surf
Safe2Surf.org.uk Whois Record. ( Safe 2 Surf ). Change Word Breaks. Domain Name ... AboutUs: Wiki article on Safe2surf.org.uk. Similar Domains: ...
whois.domaintools.com/safe2surf.org.uk
NicholasKey
Dabbler

Hi,
I cant see my website in there though, can you?
www.safe2surf.biz
Nick
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no, but what a lot with the same name
David_W
Rising Star

Okily, looking at the HTML I can see a couple of issues off the bat.
<link REL='STYLESHEET' TYPE='text/css' HREF='file:///D:/assets/styles.css'> 

Unless the website is on an MS server and is linked directly to there, the css shouldn't work.
Now, using Google Chrome threw up even more issues.
The source that pops up isn't the source for safe2surf, the <meta> tags are all listed on /www.nicholaskey.f9.co.uk/ the actual code for safe2surf is:
<html> 
<head>
<title></title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" cols="100%" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="http://www.nicholaskey.f9.co.uk" frameborder="NO"
scrolling="AUTO">
</frameset>
<noframes>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
Redirection to <a href="http://www.nicholaskey.f9.co.uk">here</a>
</body>
</noframes>
</html>

There is nothing in the meta tags about the site, no key words, no description, nothing, it's basically an empty page.  Try filling out the meta tags for recognition. 
Now, it could quite well be that the issue is coming up because you're using a framset.  Because of this, Chrome popped up something else which left me puzzled.  Clicking "Inspect Element" throws up 34 errors, including having 2 <heads>.  The shortened list is:
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://www.nicholaskey.f9.co.uk/ from frame with URL http://www.safe2surf.biz/. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
gostats.com/js/counter.js:1Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
www.nicholaskey.f9.co.uk/:48Uncaught ReferenceError: _GoStatsRun is not defined
Not allowed to load local resource: file:///D:/assets/styles.css
Error dispatching: getStyles

It mentioned the Stylesheet I noticed, and also:
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://www.nicholaskey.f9.co.uk/ from frame with URL http://www.safe2surf.biz/. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

To fix some of that.........
<script type="text/javascript">_gos='monster.gostats.com';_goa=404657;
_got=4;_goi=19;_goz=0;_gol='website traffic stats';_GoStatsRun();</script>
<noscript>

Try changing it to:
<script type="text/javascript">_gos='monster.gostats.com';_goa=404657;_got=4;_goi=19;_goz=0;_gol='website traffic stats';_GoStatsRun();</script>
<noscript>

(removes the line break which I'd guess is breaking the script).  So as you can see there are things that need looking at.  If you're going to use a frameset put the <meta> into the main frame (which would be on safe2surf) as that's the "entry", in the past search engines had issues with framsets too.  You could always get F9 to host your domain though which would remove the need for a redirect and solve at least some of your issues.
NicholasKey
Dabbler

Hi,
Many Thanks for your help, I reckon i can fix these problems.
I appreciate it.
Nick
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

@NicholasKey, did your quiz and agree with pierre_pierre about the hard drive.  I would always remove the drive (Engineer?  Hope that's not a BT "Engineer"!) and wipe it with a nine pund sledgehammer!  That's the only safe way short of using DoD (MOD in UK) software!  Cool