Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the appearance Windows 7 Home Premium

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

How to change the appearance Windows 7 Home Premium

On MY laptop, Windows Vista Home Premium, I have changed the appearance of folder contents, using RED as the "highlight/select" colour on files etc....
I am trying to do the same on my wife`s laptop Windows 7 Home Premium, but I cannot seem to find the relevant department to do it in Control Panel...
In Vista.. it comes under...  Control Panel > appearance & personalization> personalization > change the colour scheme  ( tab ) Appearance and Settings....
In W7, there is no mention of "change the colour scheme" under Personalization... ...
Would also like to get rid of the Aero theme...  but that is secondary task, at the moment...
Any pointers, please ?
4 REPLIES 4
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: How to change the appearance Windows 7 Home Premium

Look in Window Colour (Color!  Angry ) then Advanced Appearance Settings  Wink
shutter
Community Veteran

Ha Ha!... found it, .... but had to go to "search" above the start and type in "windows color"... then it apears  under the title.... "change windows colors and metrics"  ...  then you get the  " windows color and appearance" tab...
It doesn`t show under the "personalization"...  as a "title"... they screwed up, and put it under change the visuals and sounds on you computer,... then you need to scroll down on that to see "basic and High Contrast Themes"  ... Doh..!... why can`t they leave that sort of stuff alone...so you know where to find things...  Good job I have this forum and all its brain power...
Many thanks....  Wink
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

all i do is to right click on desktop  Cool
window color at bottom , mouse pointers left hand side & everything i need
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran

Yah boo...  Tongue    but ...      I don`t use W7, so I couldn`t figure out the changes that MS had made... hence my request for assistance...
All fixed now, so will not need to do it again !...