cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Improve the video quality .......

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

How to Improve the video quality .......

Looking for advice/info ... I have a music video which looks as though it has been taken from a TV screen of a VHS video tape  ( I can see the frame breaks at the bottom edge of the video picture area).

The quality of the video is not "seriously" bad.. but certainly could do with some improvement to "sharpen" it and bring it more like current video value...

I`m no expert on how to do this, so a simple free video software would be best for me to try, which may lead me on to further advance(d) techniques.

All info / advice appreciated....  thanks 

This is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB1jTsulDSc

12 REPLIES 12
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: How to Improve the video quality .......

shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks for the linky... will have a go with that and see what I can do....  Wink

shutter
Community Veteran

@daveplus  Hmm.... had a go with a couple  on that link.... Video Enancer, and Video Cleaner... neither seemed to do anything... despite me trying several different "settings"  and...... following the "Users guides" ! ! ..

May try again tomorrow,... Thanks.Wink

daveplus
Pro

@shutter 

https://mpeg-video-wizard-dvd.en.softonic.com/ is the only one that I have used but I have used it only for editing and converting.

Bu it includes a range of effects. It is free for the first month.

Dave

shutter
Community Veteran

@daveplus   ok>... I downloaded it , installed it... and tried to get the video to play on it... but couldn`t... I could see it "running" on the "open video" side... but no display.. all other buttons did naff all when pressed.... even had to use an "emergency" close to get rid of it..

AVIDEMUX is much easier to use for simple cut and paste jobs.... not tried anything else more complicated on that, but probably some good features... it is FREE forever too ! ! ..

Cheers for trying.

will have to leave it as it is for now.... probably nothing can  be done, if you think about it..... it has been on YOUtube for many years and nobody seems to have made any effort to improve the quality,... so maybe there is no program to do that...

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@shutter wrote:

... it has been on YOUtube for many years and nobody seems to have made any effort to improve the quality,... so maybe there is no program to do that...

Silk purse ... sows ear ... @shutter ?  Cheesy

Do you know if the track song in question is featured on a commercial DVD or Bluray?

shutter
Community Veteran

@RobPN    Highly unlikely, due to the year it was made ! ! !>.. have scouted Youtube and Daily Motion, and other "video sites".. but cannot find any other copy of that particular lady, singing that particular song.

The sound quality is good,   and she is absolutely gorgeous, but it is low quality video, particularly at the start, and I would like to be able to improve it... I`ll still keep playing it at least once a week though!.. ( along with other songs by her.....) Smiley

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@shutter wrote:

@RobPN  I have scouted Youtube and Daily Motion, and other "video sites".. but cannot find any other copy of that particular lady, singing that particular song.

@shutter  - I was referring more to 'complete' commercial DVDs/Blurays of that particular singer which might feature that song, but which might not be available on those sites for, ahem. copyright reasons.

Edit: reply typed while you were editing!  Wink

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@shutter you really are on a hiding to nothing with this.

There's an old saying in the IT industry: " 💩in, 💩out".

Enough said.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Mook  GIGO !...  Yeah I know that one from years back..... BUT>>>>>>>>

You can get software programs that can improve old pics, ( I know, cos I have used some! ) ...with worse quality than on that video... so I assume that there "should" be some similar type video improver.

As I am not "that" into video editing... I thought I would ask the question of those who know the area, and could possibly point me in the right direction....

so far.. it seems that nobody has come up with a solution, either to the question... or the problem.... or both ! .

daveplus
Pro

@shutter

Adobe After Effects might do what you want. You can get a 7 day free trial by signing up at https://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/

They do ask for your card details so you have to cancel if you don't want to pay,

HTH

Dave

ps I couldn't get MPEG Video to do any effects. It is quirky. 

shutter
Community Veteran

@daveplus  Thanks for your continued support on this.... Not really keen on giving my card number on a "maybe" thing with 7 days trial... I`ll probably forget to cancel it, due to frustration in not being able to get it to do what I want, through lack of video processing knowledge.

I`ll just have to leave it as it is for now... and enjoy the voice, Smiley