Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect this to the mains

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How do I connect this to the mains

Slight hiccough
Decided on the unit we wanted but as a final check looked at the installation diagram
Who would have thought it - the unit depth is deeper than normal by about 2" so it won't fit in my 560 deep unit - needs a 600 deep unit
Just goes to show - assuming that modern oven units would use the same cabinets was a mistake and could have been a very expensive one
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Out with the chisel then  Cheesy
Best of luck with hunting for the right oven - You never know it might be less than 3kW Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It will be either a Neff or a Bosch but checking with a Neff dealer the one I was considering is being replaced with a new model this month
Not yet on the UK website but is on the Belgium one and doesn't look too bad so another slight delay - fortunately the present Neff unit is still working albeit with a rather noisy fan and no internal lights
Note that replacement cost for a Neff fan/motor unit plus lights including fitting is topside of £200 and probably nearer £250 which is why I am going for a new one
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

That's one of the things I hate about manufacturers today, build something for pennies, sell for top dollar, and charge extorionate prices for replacement parts making it uneconomical to maintain and repair... Roll_eyes
It's why I like old hardware, easy to fix, plentiful affordable spares, and keeps things out of the dump... Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: twocvbloke

It's why I like old hardware, easy to fix, plentiful affordable spares, and keeps things out of the dump... Smiley

Try telling that to SWMBO new kitchen is required so perfectly good eye level oven, dishwasher and fridge all fitted are all due to be trashed  Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The new Neff has - wait for it - a Sabbath feature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath_mode
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Quote from: PeterLoftus
Try telling that to SWMBO new kitchen is required so perfectly good eye level oven, dishwasher and fridge all fitted are all due to be trashed  Grin

Stick it all on ebay, someone's more appreciative SWMBO would probably love to have them at knockdown prices... Grin
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Or Freecycle if you're more 'community spirited'  Wink
@Oldjim, you can make anything fit if you have a big enough hammer.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Oldjim's an engineer so a big hammer is the only tool in his box.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend

There is a problem
The plaster is bonded directly to the wall (about 16mm thick and) - I have never heard of this before - the plaster is rock hard to the extent that when I needed to chase out a channel for the 30 amp feed to the cooker point I had to use a cutting disc as using a normal bolster it just bounced off.
You can imagine the mess that made in the kitchen
To correct strat - I also have a really big adjustable spanner
PeterLoftus
Pro

I wouldn't be without a pair of mole grips lol  Wink
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
w23
Pro

No, not the dreaded 'Mole-wretch', be far the most efficient way to mis-shape any nut or bolt-head such that it can only possibly be undone using a ...
Mole-wretch.
Luckily I broke the jaws of my 'self-gripping plier wrench' years ago trying to undo a particularly stubborn bolt.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
PeterLoftus
Pro

Well  there you go  Tongue
Any "engineer" would tell you that mole grips or stilsons for that matter are not for gripping bolt heads but shafts or flat plates  Smiley
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
w23
Pro

Exactly why Mole Grips should not be sold to the young and inexperienced.
@Oldjim, have you tried something like this type of thing: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sonic+cutting+tool&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=Palemoon:en-US&client=pal... ?  I'm sure they'll tackle most materials (with the correct blade) and, whilst still creating a fair bit of dust, a whole lot less messy than a cutting disc.
Call me 'w23'
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I haven't but it looks extremely interesting but from the reviews it isn't really suitable for a cutting through really hard mortar
Having said that I can see many uses for it where light precision cutting is wanted