cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I correct an HP laser dispening toner onto parts of paper its not needed

techguy
Grafter

Re: How can I correct an HP laser dispening toner onto parts of paper its not needed

Am sorry to hear that Alex, hope all works out ok for you and don't worry about going off topic on any thread that I start, the conversation is always more interesting when it veers off  Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: How can I correct an HP laser dispening toner onto parts of paper its not needed

Sometimes, cleaning the printer carefully and replacing the toner cartridge can fix this problem.
But sometimes it doesn't - so unless you have a free toner, it can be an expensive trial.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Denzil
Grafter

Toner should not stick to the fuser at all. If it did, then it would never end up on the paper! I'd go with an imaging drum fault. The imaging drum on most laser printers is built in to the toner cartridge, so if you can find a replacement one cheap enough it is worth a try. There are plenty of cheap good second hand printers around, though, so it may not be worth the effort. One point on imaging drums - the surface is light sensitive, and can be damaged if exposed to light for more than a few seconds. You need to be careful if taking the cartridge out for any reason.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Sometimes it's spilt toner which has gathered around the paper feed rollers.
Try some gentle hoovering.  Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

techguy
Grafter

Will see if I can borrow one of this small vacs from work as dearn't attack it with a Dyson
jnwright
Grafter

Always worth a look on http://www.fixyourownprinter.com for help on printers.
A helpful thread for your printer may be this one.
Yes and use a toner vac. Laserjet toner is conductive and most ordinary vac motors don't like it as it gets past the filters into the motor on many models!
techguy
Grafter

I'll go and ask in our hardware department who build the PCs and servers at work.
Cheers for all the helpful advice everyone, apologies if the terminology is a bit wrong, dpn't know much about printers,as I say, they are just a necessary evil.