Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How M$S muck up e-mails

pierre_pierre
Grafter

How M$S muck up e-mails

this article was in the latest Pocket GPS Newsletter
ToP TiPs Back to Top
Using Outlook 2007 to view this Newsletter?
Pocket GPS ToP TiPsIf you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007 to view this newsletter then it must look horrible! Sorry it is not our fault, but Microsoft's. Outlook uses Microsoft Word to view HTML formatted emails, which of course must comply to the published WWW standard. Microsoft in their wisdom ignore international standards in their software and thus mess up the format of the newsletter. All is not lost though you can view the newsletter in its full glory by clicking here.

Use Microsoft IE8 to view our Website?
Do you use Microsoft IE8 to view the website? Well guess what? Yep Microsoft have once again ignored the international established standards and devised their own. This messes up the drop down menus and a few other items on the website. Fortunately MS seem to be aware of this incomparability with standards and have an option to use the IE7 settings.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: How M$S muck up e-mails

I thought it was a case that IE 7 and before all abused the standards and that web designers had used the non-standard features; IE 8 obeys the standards so surprise, surprise it breaks sites using non-standard features.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Linky!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

haha bob ya linky page was o.k for 30 seconds then ie8 had a melt down and told me script was causing things to run slow  Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

all I can say is that if Plusnet want to slow down the portal they should take lessons from that site  Crazy