Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotmail and wthitelisting

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hotmail and wthitelisting

I have a Hotmail account and normally send and receive via Thunderbird, but also can log in through my browser-Chrome.

Today I started to open a new online savings account with a bank I am a customer, and straightway was notified that in a few minutes I would receive an email. It never came. I want to add the contact to my Hotmail address book, but can't find a successful method, despite reading from several places. I feel Hotmail makes changes but old instructions are never removed.

Seems I must be a silly old traf, but kindly help me.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
6 REPLIES 6
Luzern
Hero

Re: Hotmail and wthitelisting

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Luzern I usually log in online (live.com) and go to the junk folder. Most mail will end up there if the account is set to exclusive i.e. if the sender is not in your contact list. I do have all the folders showing as well in Thunderbird but I usually prefer to access the junk folder online first. Once you have found the email there is usually the option to trust / add the sender to your contact list. Click on the three dots and down the list, add to safe sender list........... 

Edit: and if it isn't in the junk, chances are it was never sent!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from eMail to Tech Help.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I tend to treat anything from hotmail as automatically spam. Sorry. Lips_are_sealed

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Luzern
Hero

I was looking at how one adds an address or domain in advance of receiving anything from that source too.Seems damn hard to achieve.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@VileReynard wrote: I tend to treat anything from hotmail as automatically spam. Sorry.

No apology required. I go one stage further which is why I use hotmail etc. It automatically junks everything if the sender's address isn't in my contact list (set to exclusive). One reason I hardly ever have to visit my junk folder. Gets automatically deleted after X days. I can't recall the last time I actually got spam direct into my inbox.

@Luzern  Log in, using your fav browser, then down at the bottom left....people. Click, then in the pop up that opens ....add contact. Enter details and save.

If you are running blocking add ons, such as e.g. Noscript etc it might block the tab 'add contact' from opening. I have to use Opera rather than FF to do it.

Edit, if its a domain, create a rule, then point the end result of the rule towards your inbox.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?