cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotmail Password

valart
Grafter

Hotmail Password

Everytime I log in to my hotmail I have to put in my email address and my password although it I tick the box that asks remember my password it it never remembers it I just wondered if there was a way of just going to my inbox without this procedure.
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Hotmail Password

No (AFAIK).
fourfourdevon
Grafter

use www.lastpass.com not only will it login for you (if you want) it will help you make your online life a lot safer too.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: fourfourdevon
... it will help you make your online life a lot safer too.

Not everybody would agree with this confident assertion.  Fourfourdeveon is recommending password manager software.  The Wikipedia entry here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_manager outlines the pros and cons.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

The vulnerabilities in a well written password manager are far far fewer than vulnerabilities of leaving the average user to manage their passwords.  And all the vulnerabilities listed in the wikipedia article apply to normal passwords too.
My average password is used once and can look something  like: 9J^jVv$0^0j&YKZs
How many people reading this use the same password or set of passwords time and time again across a wide variety of sites?
Way too many websites get compromised and their passwords stolen and if you use one of those websites, then the bad guys know your username, email and password to many other sites too.
Either become a exceptional user with a great memory, or get a well written password manager, after doing a lot of research I was more than happy to select lastpass, which if you want can use 2 factor authentication which means a key logger could not steel a master password.