Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting a Teamspeak Server

spudy12
Grafter

Hosting a Teamspeak Server

Hi
I'm trying to host a small Teamspeak Server for a few friends however I can not connect to it externally.
Everything my end is port forwarded (I can tell because the other applications that require port forwards work).
I've read a few things where people have said Plus Net "Block" certain ports under there traffic management / shaping software and you have to ask them to unblock them.. is this true? If so who do I ask?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Hosting a Teamspeak Server

Hey there,
None of the ports are "blocked" more, traffic managed. However, TeamSpeak is recognised as gaming traffic, so is prioritised just like any other game.
The only thing you might need to do, is log-in to your Member Centre -> Connection Settings -> Broadband Firewall -> set to Off
Hope this helps,
Matt
spudy12
Grafter

Thanks for the reply,
I've checked that, Firewall is set to Off and has always been as far as I know
The port that team speak uses is 9987 and 30033
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As Matt said, we don't block any ports (especially if your firewall is set to off). Can you connect to teamspeak from within the network? If you can, might be worth double checking in the router that the forwarding has been applied though netgear routers are usually pretty good on that score. I seem to remember having to create the rule in one section of the router's GUI though and then applying it to an internal IP in a different one, if that's still the case I guess both have definitely been done?
deathtrap
Grafter

The main ports TS 3 server needs to be forwarded are by default are  9987 UDP 30033 TCP 10011 TCP , I host a TS3 server without  problems, I would recommend using a static IP or dynamic DNS  if possible, Teamspeak do have a user forum, and staff do help with some issues 
http://forum.teamspeak.com/forum.php May be of use in the future, If all the main ports are correctly forwarded in the routers configuration , then it should work,  there are a few free apps that you can use to check if ports are open/closed  portfoward.com  have such a utility