Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Extension options re pending FTTC installation

bales1983
Grafter

Home Extension options re pending FTTC installation

Hi all,
Please excuse the diagramatical skills of a 3 year old! My current line wiring system looks like this attachment, I realise after BTO replace my NTE5 with a split variant the lower half will be filtered and the RJ11 left unfiltered.
Bearing in mind my extension (numbered '1' in diagram) is a standard untwisted extension with only pins 2 and 5 (blue/white and white/blue) connected, would it be possible to ask BTO to connect this whole extension to the unfiltered pins on the new faceplate? I realise id still need to microfilter phone 2 in this case and also given the length of extension 1 being about 10 metres ill expect some sacrifice to sync speed also.
To have the Hub One in the vicinity of the master is not really feasible as its practically above the kitchen sink with no really close power sockets.
Sorry to rabbit on lol my main queries are: Will the extension work in the unfiltered connection with just pins 2 and 5 and will BTO deem this allowable? And is there any sort of algorithem for very roughly working out sync speed loss based on extension length or is it too variable?
Many thanks all and thank you for bearing with me Smiley
Lee
3 REPLIES 3
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Home Extension options re pending FTTC installation

nadger
Rising Star

I fitted an interstitial face plate myself 2 days ago to existing NTE5a
Extensions were already hard wired so now filtered.
As one has to connect router to the unfiltered socket surely a simple extension lead would do job.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

ask the bt engineer ot move the master socket to where your extension no1 is when he does the install you will still need the micro filters on the various extensions anyway depending on which way he does the wires /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you