cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitachi smart tv (50) wont connect wifi at all

ark7754

Hitachi smart tv (50) wont connect wifi at all

any ideas,got a 50 inch hitachi last week but it just refuses to connect to the wifi, Ive tried what argos suggested,connect via Ethernet, reset router connect again etc etc, still not work,works fine obviously via Ethernet but somethings not letting it connect wireless
it searches fine, finds the router but entering correct password etc doesn't do anything just says not connected.
called up tech support again apparently the Technicolor routers have an issue when it comes to firewall etc
no ideas myself,anyone any ideas? frustrating buying a smart tv when you can use the smart element!
5 REPLIES 5
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Hitachi smart tv (50) wont connect wifi at all

It's not the firewall as this would also block Ethernet access.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

this one ? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2629881.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:12488203250|tsid:...
your best bet would be to utilise the WPS feature of the router and the T.V.
if you don't want to use WPS or for whatever reason cant use it then your left with digging through the manual to find out what wifi settings your TV supports, some of the cheap junk out there doesn't support security settings which could be the problem in this case (and certainly since argos wont accept returns and dropped its price to rock bottom could well be the case here .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I think the phrase "wi-fi ready" = you have to buy a flakey USB dongle.
So it isn't really wi-fi ready.
They sell http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1082216.htm for another £20 - but this may not work if your wireless is encrypted!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

with the one I linked to the wifi antenna is built in to the tv in the current version, iirc the prior version required a wifi dongle although it had more hdmi connectors so would of been more useful
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
hopkiathome

I have a Hitachi 42" TV and use that dongle, it connects fine to my TP Link 8968 router.