Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit Counter

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hit Counter

I have a website with F9 homepages and I would like to have a hit counter on each page, any help would be appreciated please. I have used wysiwyg to build it.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hit Counter

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for the detail but sorry it is too complicated for me, also wysiwyg does not support cgi, although it has a php counter but I don't think F9 support php.

Anonymous
Not applicable

WYSIWYG Simply means what you see is what you get and has nothing to with supporting CGI, but I'm not an F9 user but this may be one for @spraxyt.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

F9 Homepages are exactly the same as Plusnet Homepages and Free-Online Homepages, just different URLs to reach them. These pages display static content only, execution of scripts (for example, PHP or Perl code), which would be needed for a counter is not supported.

At one time Plusnet provided a restricted PHP script on all these Homepages which provided a hit counter. Unfortunately this facility proved vulnerable to certain exploits so had to be withdrawn.

It is possible to create your own hit counter by displaying an image created by a counter script running on a third-party site. Search engines may provide links to options. However please be aware that you are responsible for managing any security risks this approach could introduce.

David
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

The host company for my bowls club website used to have a hit counter available (have you tried asking them) that I used for a number of years, that was until they changed their platform to a cloud based system. A casualty of the change among a number of editing facilities was the loss of a hit counter. There are apparently no plans to re-introduce it.

There are still ways of getting the information, but they are very complex to set up, and time consuming to interpret, when all you want is an instant reading on your home page.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
mort7890
Pro

I can see the difficulties and the security problem but I was hoping for an easy yet simple solution similar to the one F9 used to offer. Seems that it is not available but just thought I would re-introduce the query. Many thanks to all.