Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is a challenge !

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Here is a challenge !

I am becoming a heavy user of this forum but learning alot.  So hopefully I can get some more help.
The IP camera discussed above worked well on my Plusnet broadband account, but now I am in France where I want to use it in earnest, but I cannot get it to work properly.
Everything is set up the same way as it was in England, so I am baffled.  The camera works fine on the LAN, but I am unable to access it at all using the WAN, whereas I could in the UK.  So one characteristic that is different of course is the router, which is an Alice Hitachi AH 4021, being used on France Telecom / Orange (not Alice / Tiscali /TalkTalk who supplied it).
I have tried everything and checked all the settings, but always end up with the same problem.  When I input http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80, I get "Internet cannot display the webpage".  I have redirected port 80 to 192.168.1.64, which is the P camera's fixed IP.  I have also enabled UPnP on both the camera and the router, but to no avail.
There was a suggestion that port 80 may be blocked by Orange.  So I tried changing the port to 9005, but it makes no difference.   The only clue I have is that when I tested the UPnP on the IP camera, I get the message "UPnP Failed: Errors in Chat with UPnP Device".  That suggests a communications error between router and IP camera.
Having said that, if I enter "http://192.168.1.64:9005", it works fine but that is not of course using the WAN but only the LAN.
On the other hand, when I tested the WAN on a friend's broadband connection, it did access the IP camera in my house !  So in principle it works.  But I cannot test it through my own desktop via the WAN, only the LAN.  The fault therefore lies with my system somewhere, and I wondered whether there is some setting which I should look for either on the router or in Internet Explorer which prevents two-way traffic - i.e. an instruction out to the WAN and back to the LAN ?
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong ?
Thanks again as always.