cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hercules Extender Connection

micox

Hercules Extender Connection

Embarrassed Hello. I have the Thomson TG585v7 router bundled with PlusnetWireless. I also have a Hercules HW GEXT - 54 I am trying to configure to provide wireless extension. As I have UBUNTU on my laptop (the Hercules installer CD will only work with Windows) I am using the Ethernet connection to the Hercules and accessing the configuration setup via the Hercules' internal site. The confuguration goes OK until it comes to accepting the Thomson routers's WPA PSK code which is very plainly printed on the router. However the Hercules rejects this at the last minute as the "wrong" code - and I've tried it all ways up. Can anyone help?
Mike. Crazy
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Hercules Extender Connection

The confuguration goes OK until it comes to accepting the Thomson routers's WPA PSK code which is very plainly printed on the router

I've had a look at the Hercules manual and from what I can tell it ought to work.
Are you sure the key is correct , have you got anything else connected wirelessly to the router so you can check the key ?
Failing that you could use the TG585 web configurator to change its WPA key to something different , that way you can be sure you know what it is.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Hercules Extender Connection

I think the Thompson wireless key is case sensitive - something which has tripped me up a few times before.
B.