Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a D-link DSL-2640B

Patch
Grafter

Help with a D-link DSL-2640B

Hi,
My in-laws have just signed up for a broadband account with plus net, and ordered the wireless router offered when they signed up.
Their internet connection was activated on Monday morning according to their order tracker, and they have set the router up as indicated in the guide on the website, but so far they have been unable to get connected. I have been unable to get over to see them yet to check everything, but the thing I don't quite understand is that they say the "Internet" light on the router is red, but according to the online setup guide it seems to suggest this should either be off, or solid green.
So for anyone familiar with this piece of kit,
am I misreading the online guide, or does this sound like there could be a probliem with router, or does a red light mean a configuration error, in which case I guess I will just have to go through it all again with them?
Also, as I am unfamiliar with the D-link config pages, could anyone suggest the steps to check the router log files? I feel these might give a clue as to the problem, but am unsure how to tell them to find their way to them.
really appreciate any tips or advice.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Help with a D-link DSL-2640B

Hiya,
I'm 90% sure that a red internet light on the Dlink means a misconfiguration.
Could you possibly call the CSC so that they can talk you through the setup?
Patch
Grafter

Re: Help with a D-link DSL-2640B

Thanks, a call to the CSC sounds like the best bet... I'll ask my father in law to do this, as he will be the one sitting at the pc. He's not that comfortable with using computers, but I guess CSC are used to that!