cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with ASUS RT-AC56U firmware upgrade

MartyPop
Rising Star

Help with ASUS RT-AC56U firmware upgrade

I've very recently purchased an ASUS RT-AC56U router and one of the first things that was brought to my attention was that there was a firmware upgrade available. I used the "Check" button in "Administration -> Firmware Upgrade" to do the firmware upgrade and everything worked perfectly. I now have firmware version 3.0.0.4.374-5656 but when I go onto the ASUS site, I'm seeing a newer version (3.0.0.4.376.1665) but when I click the "Check" button in "Administration -> Firmware Upgrade" it's telling me "The router's current firmware is the latest version". As I don't want to "brick" my shiny new router, I'm unsure whether I should download the newer firmware and then upload it to the router or just leave things as they are.
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Help with ASUS RT-AC56U firmware upgrade

Router firmware often differs for different geographic regions.  Perhaps you have the latest firmware for the UK?
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Marty I have same router with same firmware, mines running fine Smiley If it says its upto date then its upto date. And if it working correctly then its all cool too Wink
MartyPop
Rising Star

Yeah, mine's running fine too so I'll leave well alone, thanks.
jape
Dabbler

Hi MartyPop,
The problem you are having is due to a bug in the location of the Asus update server. The easiest way to upgrade is go to the Asus support page for the router and download the latest version to your hard drive.
Once downloaded go back to the Firmware Upgrade page in the router administration and browse to the folder than contains your download.