cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up Joomla

oldgustav
Grafter

Help setting up Joomla

Can anyone please point me in the direction of helpful information to set up and install Joomla? I use a Mac and so far all I understand is that I need to install the Joomla installation files somewhere on my web space - possibly on the cgi server??? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Re: Help setting up Joomla

There are loads of help threads on the forums just use the search engine. That said, yes you need cgi or to be precise unix, apache and a mysql server. I wouldn't use the plusnet ccgi setup now though as that is obsolete as far as Joomla is concerned (it does work but some stuff doesn't)  it is still php4 but fear not, ask to join the plesk trial (also on these forums) and upload and run Joomla there.
Check out the "advanced hosting" threads in the forums (you have to be logged in to see it) There's stuff there to help you upload and un tar in plesk. Don't be phased, it's a piece of cake to do.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Word_Warrior
Grafter

This works for the Plesk platform
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,69399.msg553486.html#msg553486
Don't forget that this thread needs you to login.
Andy
digitig

Quote from: Word
ask to join the plesk trial (also on these forums) and upload and run Joomla there.

I've searched the forums and can't find anything telling me what plesk is or how to join the trial (although I've found a few messages asking for support on plesk). Could you tell me a little more, please, as I want to install Joomla! too.
Thanks.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Try this:-
http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20 then click "hosting preview"