cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Transfer from BT to Plusnet.

eimeki
Dabbler

Help! Transfer from BT to Plusnet.

I recently transferred Phone line and Broadband from BT to Plusnet - the Broadband was effected first (in January) and phone line etc on the 4th Feb 2013. I am due a refund from BT by today, and yet of the two letters I have just received one refers to a) the cancellation of my phone line from the 14th Feb, while the other talks of a new contract with them for Broadband (Option 1 Package) which started, according to them, from the 14th Feb!! I have had no dealings with them since obtaining my Mac in January.
They are a shambles and still have my refund in their account, so maybe a useful shambles for them if repeated many times over. Anyone had similar dealings with them? Heaven's knows what might be happening to my services in their tiny little minds.
8 REPLIES 8
eimeki
Dabbler

Re: Help! Transfer from BT to Plusnet.

A resounding zero!
In which case (particularly as BT continued to access my bank account again before I shut them out, which had me paying both Plusnet and BT in January and February) I will write to Plusnet, and if that fails I'll visit them.
It was all going so well and now I'm paying through the nose and cannot get through to anyone to speak to, either at Plusnet (30minutes average waiting time) or BT. Cheers.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This sounds like an issue that only BT can resolve.  Not sure why you feel writing to/visiting Plusnet will help?
Contact BT with dates of transfer and request an explanation for their two contradictory letters.
James
Grafter

Hi,
Whilst it doesn't help individual cases, I have been seeing a number of these recently and have flagged within BT to their Complaints Director.
I know that some of their regulatory staff are also involved so hopefully we will see less of these in the future.
@eimeki - I would recommend that you raise a complaint through http://bt.com as this often seems to get these things resolved. If you need further details about our orders then please let us know.
eimeki
Dabbler

Hi James
I have written to Plusnet asking for written confirmation of the agreements/orders between BT and Plusnet.  BT have 'previous' with me (plenty of it) and whilst concocting the bogus order they have used it to access my bank account for payment, an illegal transaction, and it's time for them to be asked to explain their antics to the Ombudsman.
Needless to say I have now closed my account to them (horse/stable etc) but they have the refund they should have made to me, plus the illegal DD on my account, and I need to have proper evidence of your dealings with them. It was a pity I couldn't establish contact by phone with Plusnet, but I am getting on in years, time is ever more precious and life is rapidly becoming too short to wait silly times to get through to human beings. Hopefully, after this nonsense is sorted things will proceed as they began, and I can get my modest internet requirements met with no need for any further contact. Fingers crossed!
jim:quote
eimeki
Dabbler

Quote from: pwatson
This sounds like an issue that only BT can resolve.  Not sure why you feel writing to/visiting Plusnet will help?
Contact BT with dates of transfer and request an explanation for their two contradictory letters.

Ever tried getting an explanation from BT? However, I need to know exactly what has taken place between Plusnet and BT and then I can proceed. My efforts to contact them failed because I am no longer a customer!!!! Yet ........ ! I know, daft isn't it, but that is pure BT.
eimeki
Dabbler

Having started the thread I am obliged to add the following.
This morning I received a courteous and informative call from BT, in which I was assured me situation with my account is being resolved - they agree the dates of transfers of firstly Broadband and then Phone line facilities from BT to Plusnet, and explain that a weakness in the system of  service transfers allows for errors of the sort I described. The actual order generation process was said to be a 'robotic' exercise initiated when feeder systems are not properly followed, and  senior BT management are currently involved in finding a solution to the problem, one that will require other providers to co-operate.
The words above are mine and reflect my interpretation of what was said to me, and I hope they are sufficiently accurate because the caller went to some lengths to explain the situation and ease my mind over my own situation. I have, over the years, spoken to numerous representatives of BT and of those occasions I recall three that were worth remembering for the right reasons, and of those this one was the best. I just wish it was representative of all those we customers have to deal with on a day to day basis in respect of so many services from banking, to utilities to communication etc. Whatever, it was most welcomed and appreciated. 
buzzwoody
Dabbler

Hi eimeki,
Just had exactly the same from BT - although by email. Phone transfer date 2 weeks after the actual transfer to PlusNet and starting a new Broadband service a month after this was taken over by PlusNet. Plusnet have given me a formal email with actual transfer dates ready for the battle ahead (to get a refund from BT as they have charged in advance). Useful to have your example to show I am not alone. Embarrassed
James
Grafter

Guys - These should be fixed now (Retail had an issue with Wholesale that has now been fixed).
If you have moved to Plusnet from BT Retail please send me a PM and I'll send your details to BT and it'll be sorted within a week.