cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed With Phone Line

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Help Needed With Phone Line

Just wondering if someone could help me, Ive noticed when dialling out that sometimes my router will dis-connect from the web, This doesnt happen all the time but most times, My SNR jumps from 6db to in excess of 15db upstream when Im dialiing out, Then when I hang up It drops back down to a reasonable 6db upstream, Is there a problem with my Line?Or phone? Its not the router and Ive tried new filters, All thats connected to my master socket Is one router with no extension leads and one cordless phone, Help would be most appreciated.
Also noticed due to this problem that my upstream synch has now dropped from 1014kbps and just now is sitting at 698kbps.
Just tried a corded phone and my router directly into test socket on the master socket and BroadBand is still disconnecting ( My SNR upstream Just goes down to 0 and then im dis-connected ) when I lift up the reciever or go to dial out. Theres no noise on my line for what ive heard thats fine.
Im no longer a plusnet customer but thought Id ask someone here for there opinion please.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Help Needed With Phone Line

Using the phone shouldn't affect the Broadband. If you've tried a different filter and phone then it does indicate a problem with the line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thankyou for your reply, Ive tried two different new filters, Two different phones and two different routers, All from the test socket in master socket, no problem with incoming calls just when i lift my phone off the hook or go to dial out.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you've tried an alternate router, phone and filter connected to the test socket then it's a line fault, probably an issue with the splitter card.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Yep, got to be line or exchange.
I've decided to slug it out with talktalk and cancelled moving back to plusnet

This is the crunch test then  Wink  Good luck.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thankyou for the replies, I can confirm that if i dial my housephone with my mobile and answer my house phone then hang up my broadband just dis-connects, Ive tested with everything imaginable at my end to make sure that its not any of my equipment and its not, So crunch time it is!!
Thanks for the luck, I fear im going to need it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Steve,
As Ben mentions here, as it sounds like everything else has been ruled out it could be a splitter card issue at the exchange causing this one. If you do change your mind and decide to migrate back to Plusnet we'll be able to give you more detailed support and advice.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just bought a new line to see if it solves my problem and if not I will be coming back to plusnet, Getting to the end of my tether now, Its weird, On my line when im talking its like someone is turning the volume up and down up and down, If its still like this with new line will make the call to plusnet or have a chat with you perhaps adam.
Edit, Moving back to plusnet for for definite so once im back we will see if i experience line problems, I didnt before but if so atleast i know ill get some proper support here.