cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardly tec and a bit phony

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hardly tec and a bit phony

I've got to ask @Luzern does the manual say the batteries can actually be replaced?

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Gigaset A455A twin cordless telephone set (with answering machine) for the grand total of £22.99 including postage from telephonesonline.co.uk

Slight trepidation because the set was 'refurbished', but appeared brand new to me (even had the plastic screen covers still in place) and I can find no fault with them whatsoever (and yes, the battery covers slide off very easily!)

(If you're wondering whether I've been paid to plug this phone or the company, all I can say is that at £22.99 you can NOT be serious! Cheesy)

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got to ask @Luzern does the manual say the batteries can actually be replaced?

On p.14.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

These phones usually have rechargeable batteries, supplied with the phones.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Luzern
Hero

@VileReynard but they can get less able to hold charge as they age, I understand.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Luzern

IMHO, if you can't personally physically remove the battery covers and aren't willing/able to ask someone else for assistance in doing so, then you may as well chuck 'em.  Wink

Luzern
Hero

@RobPN Fit 17 y.o. grandson visiting Sat should suffice, I think. if he can't do it, ten yours is an admirable suggestion.Grin