cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Wildfire

ross1127
Grafter

HTC Wildfire

My son has just bought a HTC wildfire mobile phone, but can not connect to my wireless network, i have given him the correct password but it keeps coming up with authentication problem, yet his girlfriends blackbury connects ok, anyone had the same problems
28 REPLIES 28
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: HTC Wildfire

I had a problem getting my ZTE Blade to connect when I had my SSID hidden, but on changing that setting (leaving it on WPA with a stupidly long password that really annoys all of my mates) let me connect fine - do you have the SSID hidden, what kind of wireless security do you use and what version of Android is the wildfire running?
Hope that helps,
bobboulby
Grafter

My son also has a Wildfire and it connects to our wireless network (Netgear DG834G with WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK encryption) with no problems. Do you have MAC Address access control set up? If so you’ll need to add the Wildfire’s MAC Address to the router’s access control list.
Bob
ross1127
Grafter

I have the thomson TG585 v8 router Cry that was supplied to me, i'm running Vista on my laptop (Acer aspire 7720G)
the laptop does not connect wireless i have to power down the router then power up to get a connection (works ok when connected with the ethernet cable)
We have 4 different moblie phone non of these can connect to my wireless connection
Security mode: WPA-PSK
WPA-PSK Encryption: TKIP+AES
WPA-PSK Version: WPA+WPA2
bobboulby
Grafter

It sounds like a dodgy router to me. If it’s PlusNet supplied have you tried reporting it to them as faulty?
Bob
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fear not! It is the firmware, not the router - and there's an upgrade that'll fix it for you too Smiley
Have a look at the library article here: http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/how-to-upgradedowngrade-the-firmware-on-the-thomson-585v7...
You'll need a windows PC, the flashing utility (top one in the list of downloads) and the latest firmware (8.2.7.8 - the bottom one in the list of downloads).
Then simply follow the guide to upgrade the firmware - that should sort it for you.
Hope that helps,
ross1127
Grafter

Matt,
Undecided as to do the fimware upgrade, if you take time to look at what other people on this forum have said about doing the upgrade you will understand what i mean, soooo many complaints about this router supplied by plusnet, why do they not get there act together and supply a decent router!!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ross,
To be honest the majority of posts I've read from people doing the upgrade state that it's solved their problem?
The fault is with the firmware that was being shipped rather than the hardware, however that batch has all gone now and those we're sending currently (and have been for some weeks now) are already using the latest version. Sorry you ended up with the fault, but you should find that the flashing goes without incident and if it doesn't work then I'm sure we can sort a replacement out for you.
ross1127
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Well i have just upgraded my firmware to the lastest 8.2.7.8 and guess what it seems to be working ok on wireless Grin Grin ;D, will let you know how i get on with my mobile connection later Wink
ross1127
Grafter

Just tried my HTC Wildfire and it will not accept the password to connect Cry Cry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is that still on WPA security, and with the SSID *not* hidden? If so it should be alright as far as I know.
ross1127
Grafter

not sure what you mean Matt, not that well up on mobiles
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Those are settings on the router for the security of the network itself, should be in the same section as the WPA setting etc - a hidden SSID means that the name of your wireless network isn't being broadcast, so you have to type it into whatever you're connecting from rather than select it from a list. If you can see your wireless network on the phone when searching the SSID won't be hidden.
If that is the case I'd expect it to be working, unless the encryption (WPA, WPA2 etc) is different on the phone than it is in the router?
ross1127
Grafter

phone shows my wi-fi connection as plusnetwireless starts authenticating to connect then disconnects WPA/WPA2PSK
ross1127
Grafter

Matt,
Wireless connection just failed on my laptop, had to connect with the ethernet cable again Angry Angry Angry Angry >:(, so it looks like the new firmware did not solve anything Cry