cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire C System files lost. No Wi-Fi

onlyme
Grafter

HTC Desire C System files lost. No Wi-Fi

Help anyone. I have a HTC Desire C which does not connect with Wi-Fi. The previous owner "updated" the ROM and lost the original files.  Does anyone have any idea where I can download the original system files from, I have looked everywhere I can think of. Perhaps a PN member has a SD card with the files on I could borrow? I am attaching a JPG of the missing files I want. Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: HTC Desire C System files lost. No Wi-Fi

onlyme
Grafter

Thanks OldJim. I have downloaded the RUU files and unzipped them, but the original system files are not included in the updates. The other problem I have is that because the original system files are missing, I cannot connect with my PC by USB or Wi-Fi.  Angry  Otherwise, the phone works perfectly.
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Main_Page
The above site shows how to flash various make/models of mobile phones including HTC. You may find what you are looking for there. Smiley
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

not sure if this helps, but I had problems with my HTC, and sent an email to HTC . Within the day they responded with a solution and a phone number to call if I had any problems.
https://support.htc.com/en-uk
Free too  Smiley Smiley
onlyme
Grafter

Thanks everyone, tried all suggestions, and a few more without success.  Contacted HTC, they want me to send the phone and pay for re-flashing and postage both ways.  The phone isn't worth it, I'll go back to Nokia.
jslane
Grafter

Take it to any good phone repair shop and they'll be able to re-flash it for you.
Wulfy
Grafter

Hi John,
If you like i can have a look at this for you if youd like chuck me a pm if so should be more than a 30 minute job to be honest and the desire is a great little phone.
Chris
onlyme
Grafter

Thanks again, everyone.  I have given the phone away to a pal who doesn't use Wi-Fi.
Wulfy
Grafter

No problem Smiley