cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDTracks

piattj
Dabbler

HDTracks

Until recently it was possible to download (& pay for of course!!) hi def audio from HDtracks. Now (if you are UK based) a message appears informing you that your IP address is preventing you from purchasing downloads. Is there a (legal) way to get around this? A way to (eg) present a US located IP address to the HDtracks server in order to allow purchase to take place? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: HDTracks

The license HDTracks have is limited to the US so selling to other countries is illegal
You might have a read of this thread http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14677
piattj
Dabbler

OK thanks... so an unequivocal "illegal activity" presumably some licencing issue.
So, a follow-up. What UK alternatives are there? Has anyone on the forum used a UK based site for downloading music in FLAC or similar? Please don't suggest iTunes.  Angry
Thanks...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I thought that there were a few options given in the thread I linked to but I didn't read all of it
piattj
Dabbler

Hmmmm... one or two but a little esoteric and nothing like the range offered by HDtracks.Thanks for the link anyway.
I get the sense from other postings/forums that it's the record labels that are imposing restrictions on where the music can be downloaded to. Seems anachronistic to have this geographic limitation. I understand their desire to protect revenues but surely they could structure a regime that allowed people to legitimately (re)buy their product (having probably bought it 3 times already - vinyl, cassette, CD etc) globally ... No wonder illegal downloads flourish. I don't condone, but do understand. Grrr