cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDTV Which one!!

optiknerv360

HDTV Which one!!

Hi everyone. I want to buy a new HDTV soon but i'm struggling to pick out the best ones around. Its very difficult to compare them when they are all connected to different picture sources, in different shops. So do any of you guys and girls have any recommendations?  Also i'm wondering if anyone knows of any reputable online dealers where i can get myself a deal? i'm looking for one that supports 1080p for around the £800 mark. Any thoughts? 
Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
Midville
Grafter

Re: HDTV Which one!!

If you want an LCD for that price I would suggest the Samsung LE40M87 have a look via pricerunner (around £860) or pay £950 ish on the high street.
Look here for more info http://www.avforums.com/
James
Grafter

If you want a nice CRT, I'll let you buy mine Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Don't worry about the HDTV thing.
Look at the television in a shop, side by side.
If the source is non-broadcast then I'd walk out again.
Even if you don't like sport try to watch something with fast moving action, in natural colours (including skin tones). Some digital pictures can't keep up with fast-changing scenes.
I think you will find that, within reason, the more you pay the better the picture. Don't forget sound quality.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jaythe0ne
Grafter

If your looking for a HDTV for your Xbox360, unless you have the new Elite with the HDMI out port, you'll need to make sure its got a VGA port (PC Input), i've found that's teh best connection to get the highest def picture from my 360.
optiknerv360

Thanks guys. I do have an xbox360 and in regards about gettin a tv with a vga port does this require a different connection cable 2 the standard xbox360 cable? Also sound is not an issue on the tv as i have an eltax surround sound system for making the floor shake while i drive my aston martin vantage around the streets of london lol.
jaythe0ne
Grafter

M$ make a Xbox 360 cable with a VGA connection, for about £15, or if like me you've got the cooler king, you can go VGA to VGA.