Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI cable advice, Please

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

HDMI cable advice, Please

I have just purchased a MP4 player, and currently loading up music videos, however I would like to be able to connect the MP4 player to the TV via HDMI cable....
Currently, in the box is a lead with RED, YELLOW, and WHITE (audio) plugs on one end and a 4 section jack plug on the other.... which goes into the phones socket. for TV OUT...
This is a short lead, and from previous experience, has not worked well,.... a friend suggested I get a HDMI cable,... as this gives better signal transfer or something...
There is a mini USB socket for charging and connecting to USB2 on the laptop to transfer files... and I am thinking this might be the answer... There seems to be several different things on Ebay ( with varying prices)... and I would like some advice on which one to get...
Over to you.... my expert friends......  Wink
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R2.TR5.TRC0.A0.Xusb+to+hdmi+&_nkw=usb+t...
15 REPLIES 15
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: HDMI cable advice, Please

Does the MP4 player have a HDMI out put?  
If Yes just buy a £1.00 HDMI cable
[Edit]
You can get them from Poundland, if you have one!
Out of curiosity what is the MP4 player?
shutter
Community Veteran

The outputs are described in the original posting.... mini usb and phone socket....
This is the item .....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-STOCK-White-HD-1080P-Touch-Screen-16GB-4-3-MP3-MP4-MP5-TV-Out-Video-Pla...
I bought it cos it was "uk stock".... however, checking the feedback gave me some concerns and was worried about what was coming.... only just received it about 2 hours ago,... seems to be "what it says on the box"... it does play, and the other functions seem to be working... ( just a quick check,... cos I`m only interested in the MP4 player... ) It has 14.3Gb spare.. ( plus the OS ) making 16Gb total...
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: shutter
a lead with RED, YELLOW, and WHITE (audio) plugs on one end

Standard leads, your TV should have a corresponding set of 3 input sockets. It's for video and stereo (L/R).
If there's no HDMI connector on the device just forget about it.
Edit. Just read the device spec. Definitely no HDMI, just TV out using those leads. You can probably buy extensions to them.
shutter
Community Veteran

OK. .... Thanks HP. Thought I could use the mini USB to HDMI connector cable  ......
Will look to see if there is some extension leads... If not.. I am capable of making some up....
HPsauce
Pro

The spec gives a lowish resolution for output of 720*480 (typical DVD?) so even if you could (which I doubt) get a signal via HDMI it would be no better.
kmilburn
Grafter

720x480 is effectively NTSC.  i.e. American stardard definition TV.
shutter
Community Veteran

Well, it is only a small screen !... Putting it on a BIG screen would be for my own enjoyment... and the fact that it might be pixelated would not make "that" much difference....  I`d probably only do it a couple of times.. just for the fun of it...  Smiley
I`d just like to see my vids on the BIG screen !  Wink
HPsauce
Pro

I`d just like to see my vids on the BIG screen !  Wink

They'll probably be fine as long as you don't sit too close.  Wink
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@shutter, get one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310745479735
shutter
Community Veteran

Have bookmarked that rca scart adapter.... but will still need to get some kind of extension leads ( possibly make them up)... so I can sit back with the MP4 player, and control the vids.
HPsauce
Pro

Have bookmarked that rca scart adapter....

It is literally that, an adapter. No change in signal quality.
You only need one if your TV has a spare SCART connector but NOT the 3*RCA connector group. Unlikely TBH.  Cool
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

In order to use HDMI you would need something like this.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran

Yeah, I realised that... am nowhere near the tv... so will check it out... also got a huge big screen thingy in a "workplace" environment, that I might have access to, and that is why I wanted to know about HDMI cable... cos one of the guys said it was the best way to connect to it... ( there is USB on it, but cud not get my laptop nor my memory stick.to speak to it via the USB )..
P.S....... Thanks for that Strat.... have bookmarked that also for further investigation !... ( ain`t this fun ! ! ! ).... Wink
pwatson
Rising Star

You need something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Phono-Male-to-Female-RCA-5M-A-V-Extension-Lead-Triple-Audio-Video-Cable-...
Phono plugs on one end, phono sockets on the other...