Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Problem

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

HDMI Problem

Humax again !
Connected the HDMI cable up to the TV & Humax and...........nothing !
Using the TV Menu and selecting HDMI just shows my DVD Player which is connected but not the Humax.
There are 3 HDMI sockets on the TV but the result is the same no matter which one I use, The DVD Player shows up in all three.
Disconnected the DVD Player in case it was causing the problem and also tried 2 other HDMI cables but the result was the same.
Having looked at feedback on Humax it seems others have had this problem and some of the general comments about problem HDMI connections do not sound encouraging.
Have managed to get things going on the SCART connections but that sort of defeats the objective of HD TV.
Not sure where I go with this one, I wonder if all PVR's will give me the same problem or is it just this make ?
Ironically the TP-Link adaptors mentioned in my previous post on this topic work so it's the above problem I am now trying to solve.
The Humax was purchased from Amazon so can be returned but I am now stuck with no PVR.
As a final thought is anyone using a PVR with a Sony Bravia TV and if so what make is the PVR assuming it's connected using the HDMI Cable.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: HDMI Problem

Is this http://science.opposingviews.com/enable-hdmi-inputs-sony-bravia-kdl-14811.html any use ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks for the link, will have a go at that, pity they don't include it in the manual.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Yes I use 2 PVR's with my Bravia.
One is a Humax the other is a Bush, no issues with either via HDMI.
I also have a pi & a Humax sat box plugged in via HDMI.
godsell4
Rising Star

Try turning on the Humax and Sony in different orders and with either a short (1s) or longer gap (10s) between turning on the 1st and 2nd device. You should not have to do this, but often this will cure HDMI handshake issues.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed