cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Tablet

valart
Grafter

Great Tablet

I have had my Hudl tablet for three weeks and I must say how good it is wonderful value if I a issue it sometimes disconnects but never in the room where the router is,maybe I should thiinging about a better router I can see why they kept running out of stock at Tesco I woul recommend to anyone.
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Great Tablet

A relative of mine bought 2 Sumvision tablets for their kids as Christmas presents.
One fails to even start up and the other overheats quickly and locks up.
Both are going back and have been replaced with 7" Samsung Tabs which are more appropriate for their uses.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you're quick you might grab a bargain: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,120466.msg1055880.html#msg1055880
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

We spotted the Samsung tablets here for £79 after we bought two from Argos for £119.99 each as Currys were sold out.
However as Carphone Warehouse had no stock their price was somewhat irrelevant.
I'm a sucker where the grand-kids are concerned.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Bought a brand new quad-core , tablet on eBay, for only £43.  Chinese, unbranded but really fast. Only 1Gb ram, 4GB hd, Memory slot to 32GB. Excellent for BBC iPlayer, etc.
Only drawback was it was locked to Google China.  I don't speak Chinese  :-[. Took a bit of working out but all ok now. Very happy. Grin
nadger
Rising Star

Can't go far wrong at that price.
I see that one can get brand new Nexus7 for £115 on eBay. Only 16Gb but have barely dented 32Gb on mine in 12 months.
AlaricAdair
Champion

Bought a used one for £20 from a guy in the pub. Funny thing is it keeps taking my photo whenever I use it.  Cheesy
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
dragon2611
Grafter

Quote from: doris

Only drawback was it was locked to Google China.  I don't speak Chinese  :-[. Took a bit of working out but all ok now. Very happy. Grin

If you are feeling Brave you might be able to re-flash the ROM to an English one including the Play store (if yours doesn't have it), it depends on how popular the device is and if someone's bothered to build an unofficial ROM for it.
Of course if someone goes wrong in the proccess it's possible to end up with a shiny door stop, that said thus far I've not managed to totally kill an Android device with a bad flash.
I've had a couple of instances where something went wrong with the process and the device wouldn't boot afterwoods but it was still possible to get it into recovery and try again.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

@dragon..... it was all in English, except the google tab went straight to google's China (or korea or singapore etc) page. To change to English was a pain,but going through playstore,already installed, I downloaded google app and deleted the Chinese one.  Smiley