cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goolge apps inactive account account will close in 15 days (Hoax or not) ??

TORPC
Grafter

Goolge apps inactive account account will close in 15 days (Hoax or not) ??

Hey fellow members
I have received an email from Google, informing me that the account is inactive (however last time I signed in was approx 2 weeks ago, however my apps do get their regular update(s) just last night the apps on the all droid devices was updated.
Hello,
If you've already signed in to keep your account, please disregard this message.
We noticed that you haven’t used your Google Apps account for the domain REMOVED.com in over a year. Please let us know if you’d like to keep this account.
If we don’t hear from you in 15 days, your REMOVED.com Google Apps account will be automatically closed.
Want to keep your account? Just sign in to REMOVED.com as DIFFERENT.com before April 18th 2014, and we’ll know that you’re still using this Google Apps account. If you forgot your username or password, click the “Need help?” link, and we’ll help you recover your account.
Don’t want your account or your data? If you don’t want this Google Apps account and don’t want to save any data associated with it (such as any Gmail messages or contacts), you don’t have to do anything. We’ll automatically close your account on April 18th 2014. All data in this account will be permanently deleted after that.
Want to check or save your data? If you don’t want to keep your Google Apps account but would like to save any data associated with it, such as your Gmail messages and contacts, sign in to REMOVED.com and export your data any time before May 18th 2014. Then, follow the “Free edition” instructions to delete your Google Apps account.
What happens when your account is closed?
April 18th 2014: Account closed
After your account is closed, you can no longer re-open your account, but you can still access Google Apps for 30 more days to export your data. On May 18th 2014, your closed account account will be automatically terminated.
May 18th 2014: Account permanently terminated
Once your account is terminated, you can no longer access any Google Apps services with this domain name. All of your account data, such as your Gmail messages and contacts, will be permanently deleted to protect your privacy. No one will be able to access your old data by creating a new Google Apps account with this domain name.
Visit the Google Apps Help Center to learn more about closing inactive accounts.

Sincerely,
The Google Apps Team

© 2014 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94343
You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Apps product or account.
4 REPLIES 4
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Goolge apps inactive account account will close in 15 days (Hoax or not) ??

Is there a Google Apps,... home page ? maybe something int T&C`s to confirm or deny this....
WTF
Grafter

The links in the e-mail look kosher.
Are you sure this is the account you're currently using?  I know I had to set up a new Google account for my first Android phone, despite having had one for ages.  Could be this is referring to some old account?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

They *are* closing unused Google Apps accounts (I got the same email a few weeks ago).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TORPC
Grafter

Thanks guys Smiley
The crazy thing is that the account in question is always in use, & not inactive
They want me for example to sign in using a different ID
IE:
Myemail@mymailclient.com
Changed to
Googleschoosingofnewemail@mymailclient.com
If it helps it is for a business account not a personal account