cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google search behaving oddly?

Routefinder
Grafter

Google search behaving oddly?

Has anyone else noticed Google behaving oddly?
I am so used to using Google that when I start to type in the search the choices build ready to select....................however and not sure when I first realised a few days ago that the search function is effectively dead or extremely intermittent. I can type the whole search subject and nothing happens at all!
This is on IE 10, it works fine in Google Chrome which is my second (backup) browser.
Bing seems fine as well in IE
I have not knowingly changed any settings and have checked and afaik they look OK
So rather puzzled as to what if anything has changed and why Google search engine has failed is such a way???
Any ideas as why and what to do to restore its function Smiley
FWIW I have a Google account and in IE is logged in but not in Chrome, should that have made a difference because as mentioned this is the way is has been for a long while.
Edit ~ now curious and curiouser ~ just to see how other searching was affected I searched images and that worked OK.......clicking back to web that search is now also OK! How odd is that.....but is it fixed completely???
Edit 2 ~ spoke too soon ~ If I close the tab and open a new one for Google it still fails until I repeat the above i.e. image search then web search. Addition ~ do not have to image search....if I select images and then go back to web it works OK