Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google - is becoming annoying....!

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Google - is becoming annoying....!

I do not use "tabs".... never liked them.... BUT I do have several "google" pages open at the same time. (albeit minimised) but sometimes two open (half screen) side by side...

that is the way I like to work it....... Problem is, google seems to have changed recently, when I minimise a page, and open a new google search page, all the minimised pages come back to full screen behind the new page.... which means that I have to minimise them all again before I can get back to my desktop...I am often opening up new fields of search, so this has become quite annoying..... I don`t need the minimised pages, UNTIL ... I.... Need them... that is why I minimise them....
how do I tell google to stop messing me about ?
9 REPLIES 9
magnetism2772
Grafter

Re: Google - is becoming annoying....!

I don't like using the web browser window in a new tab either
but if I want to return to my desktop but other windows are in the way
with Vista
I press the keyboard combination keys
windows logo key + D
to return to my desktop
and press them both again to go back to what i was doing before
shutter
Community Veteran

Yes, there is also an icon, next to the start button, that goes direct to the desktop.... but that doesn`t really solve the problem.... Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Get Win7
you then get one browser icon on the task bar, hover that and it shows the other open windows, complete with a red cros
sorry about that
shutter
Community Veteran

Why should I have to buy a new operating system, when this one still works?......
It will probably be just the same in Win7, as it is a google problem.... not windows.....
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

What possible objection could you have to tabs?  They are just quick links to other open web pages.  If you click a tab and then drag it out of the main Window onto your desktop it will become a separate page.
shutter
Community Veteran

In some ways, having my pages on minimise, is similar to having tabs, I suppose, however, I found that when using the tab system, and I wanted to close a page, it would annoy me by asking if I wanted to close all tabs, instead of letting me close the one page that I had finished with... ..... the problem I have now, is the reverse,...... when I want to open a new search page, all the minimise ones appear and I have to minimise theme to get to my Firefox Icon on the desktop...
This has only happened in the past week or so,
shutter
Community Veteran

I haven`t done anything.... but this morning... (touch wood). it is back to normal.... only the new google page comes up !... Smiley
smiffyb36
Grafter

In some ways, having my pages on minimise, is similar to having tabs, I suppose, however, I found that when using the tab system, and I wanted to close a page, it would annoy me by asking if I wanted to close all tabs, instead of letting me close the one page that I had finished with

Only if you click on the cross in the top right corner, if you click the cross on the tab itself just that tab will close.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Hi smiffy. Your first paragraph - the quote from shutter - appears as though they're your own words. There's a bit in the help pages http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=help;page=post#quote explaining quoting.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)