cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google chrome and Firefox

FIXED
doglead

Google chrome and Firefox

I have had recent problems with a download (1200 viruses completely flooded my computer but I have successfully deleted them all) and now quite a lot of websites and links do not respond when I try to access them in google chrome or firefox. Microsoft edge still works fine but a lot of my bookmarks and add-ons are with google chrome or firefox so this arrangement is not really perfect for my situation. The message reads on browser(s) when giving out report that connection was interrupted before it was established indicating that something got in the way of my connection command before I could make contact with website.

Would this have something to do with virus attack? Hope you can advise before any more time is spent on trying to get round this problem

3 REPLIES 3
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Google chrome and Firefox

Fix

Hi , Do you have a running anti virus ? if not there are plenty of free ones available Thumbs_Up

one of our members suggest this as one of the best https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/free-antivirus

Also i would suggest running Malwarebytes free https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Then after i would clean with Ccleaner Free https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
doglead

Thanks a lot for your reply and help. I will just say that i had very comprehensive anti-virus protection when i had infection on computer but i discovered afterwards that some of the software wasn't working when i was sold an external hard drive with a Trojan virus on it, after which followed the 1200 other infections which were disguised as legitimate support in fighting the Trojan virus. So, when you have a serious attempt to infect your computer, you must be extremely careful in finding out who is actually acting in your best interests when you publicly ask for help . Sometimes hackers can be extremely hostile and actually be able to hack into downloads or imitate them in order to do serious harm to your computer. The anti-virus software that i have now i believe is the best there is as it has removed every single infection, shortened boot time, improved performance, secured all online activity and made my computer invisible to others online. The problem i had with websites when using google chrome and firefox appears to have possibly passed as i am of the opinion that it was just a google problem and was connected to minor technical difficulties with their service. I really hope this post is interesting as i have learnt so much about hackers and viruses over the last month that i feel i could write a short book on them.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

It is easy enough to remove viruses but that doesn't necessarily undo any changes they made to your computer settings.  I recommend you try System Restore to see if you can get your settings back to the way they were before the infection. There is a problem with System Restore on the 1607 version of Windows 10 but if you are running the 1703 version you should be okay.