cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google TV

daskinner
Grafter

Google TV

Hi, im looking at purchasing a Google tv media box so i can turn one of my tvs into a smart tv so i can go on the internet and also download apps like netflix. Ive had a look on the internet and there are lots to pick from and im not sure which to pick. Does anyone have a google tv box and if so which model and would you recommend it?
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Google TV

Unless you can download (overnight) your films, you had better find an ISP who provide totally unlimited bandwidth.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

LukeAger
Grafter

Personally i really like the Apple Tv. Although, not exactly Google Tv, It gives you similar functions like direct access to Netflix, Itunes ect. It also sets up nicely with your home media library if you plan on sharing media from another location.
Hopefully you might find some input from users with Google Tv on here but as far as streaming online media to your TV goes i would certainly recommend the Apple TV.  Smiley
lexusuk
Grafter

@daskinner
I like the look of the Logitech Revue.  Manly due to the included Logitech keyboard/mouse combination.  I'm considering swapping out my home theatre pc for one of these.
daskinner
Grafter

Thanks for the replys.. I looked at apple it does look good  but i think google tv will be better for me.  The logitech revue is one i was looking at yesterday but read that they had also parted ways with google so its no longer supported is that correct? Ideally id like the box to be running the latest andriod firmware and be upgradable for when the next release is out.