cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Engine

valart
Grafter

Google Engine

I have noticed the last few days that the Google search engine comes up with the message your computer is running slow fix it by downloading this software,I just wondered if they are asking me to download a virus would I have to use a different search engine to get rid of this message.
6 REPLIES 6
warbleeder
Grafter

Re: Google Engine

yes it is a virus... and the reason you are getting the message is because you have a virus or some malware on your computer all ready

maybe worth doing a deep can for both and rootkits if you can
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Which anti virus are you using
I suggest running http://www.malwarebytes.org/ which will run alongside your existing protection
warbleeder
Grafter

p.s better to boot into safe-mode to get better results on scans
CX
Grafter

Another option is to create a bootable CD or USB stick with antivirus, such as Avira AntiVir Rescue System:
http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/avira-antivir-rescue-system
It's probably best to do the create step (e.g. burning to the CD) from another PC if you have one available
warbleeder
Grafter

dont need a cd... if u have 1 GB usb pet download linux live usb creator and it has options to download images to download a ton of recovery images... use lili to burn them to usb
valart
Grafter

My laptop seems to be free of the virus that I had I use Avast but I did download the free Advanced Security System and it did a number of different scans I think it did the trick I also changed  the search engine,I just wondered when the system is affected would a system restore help.