Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth plugin

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Google Earth plugin

I use google maps quite a lot.... and like(d) the "satellite" view, where you could zoom right down to (almost) rooftop level, and see quite a bit of detail... However, this does not seem to be available anymore.. instead when I try to use the satellite view, I am told to download Google Earth....  I did that, but it is terrible. on the "zoom scale" I can only go halfway before the picture becomes so degraded as to be unusable, and also  the viewpoint does not stay in the "overhead"  position, but tends to mimick an aircraft overflying.
does anyone know if it is still possible to use the "old style" satellite view... if so... how?
using Windows Vista....(also same on W7 laptop)
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Google Earth plugin

Still working here on Firefox 4 and IE8 although it is very slow using this link http://maps.google.co.uk/
pierre_pierre
Grafter

on mine using FF, i get a box top RH that gives me a choice, initially just one, hover over you get two, so if I am in Map, I get earth or satalite,  see below
shutter
Community Veteran

That`s what I get pierre, and when you click on the "Earth" pic,.... you get the instruction to download and install google earth... if you don`t... then there is no "satellite" pic... just the map  (as you show it)
shutter
Community Veteran

OK... got it... click on the first pic (which is partly obscured by the sliding scale zoom device)  and not google earth... !  Roll_eyes 
All`s well that ends well...!  Cheesy