cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome

rena
Grafter

Google Chrome

Sorry not sure where to post this!  I use Google Chrome but for the past few days I haven't been able to get into any websites. I get various messages like telling me to check my broadband connection (but I am able to use IE), or 'the app is currently unreachable' or 'google cannot reach my webspace' ( I changed my webspace to google search then yahoo, but none of them worked).  I have no idea what to do. I looked at the Google help page and it said to look under the bonnet, but I checked and it's the same as my daughter's. It also said to make sure the laptop security allows Google Chrome in, but i'm not sure how to do this?  I installed McAfee from Plusnet about 10days ago and it worked ok, and it's only in the past 3/4 days that I haven't been able to get Chrome to connect to any sites. I've also uninstalled and installed it 3 times. Could someone please tell me how to get Chrome working again? thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Google Chrome

moved to Windows as it is clearly a problem with it.
Can you advise the version of Windows you are using
rena
Grafter

It's Windows 7.  Thanks for moving it Oldjim (wasn't sure where to put it, it mentioned broadband so I put it in there)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

As a cross check can you try using Firefox and see if that works
In Internet Explorer are the LAN settings like this picture
rena
Grafter

hI Jim, Firefox works, and the settings are the same as your pictures.  Thank you for trying to help me but I have to go out just now. Will try to get back tonight or tomorrow.
adagio
Grafter

Firewall settings?
Moncrieffe500
Grafter

maybe try a system restore to 10 days ago when it worked?
rena
Grafter

Sorry, don't really know much about Firewalls. It's McAfee (from Plusnet). It was Windows firewall but McAfee seems to have automatically 'disabled' the Windows one. I looked at the settings but they don't mean anything to me. I don't know where to look to see if any sights are blocked. The funny thing is now that any new sights I looked at (so far) are now working, but ones that I have been using all the time like Facebook and Smallworlds (my daughter) don't work!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Do the old sites just not work when using your existing favourites or also if you type in the address yourself