Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome and US spelling

RichAllen
Grafter

Google Chrome and US spelling

Topic.
Currently using Google Chrome browser on Dad's Laptop, and the US spelling is doing my head in, is there an extension or plugin I can download for UK spellings? I know there is for Mozilla Firefox.
3 REPLIES 3
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Google Chrome and US spelling

There's a language section somewhere in the settings. I don't know where it is exactly as they keep changing things around after each version comes out.  Roll_eyes
That's RPM to you!!
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

It's under Settings (three vertical lines top right) then Advanced Settings then Language and Input settings.  My Chrome broswer defaults to UK spelling; are you sure your entire computer does not think it is in the US?
Devonian
Grafter

My Chrome was in set to real English to.
However... I noticed they had changed the adverts, so when they are blocked by adblock, you now get a massive white bar across the top of the screen, with tiny letters in the corner saying it's a blocked advert.. AND there are now little pop up voucher adverts.. so I deleted chrome earlier, installed Firefox, and and it has all gone!
Adverts, adverts, adverts everywhere mister Google... but not a tax payment to be seen!