cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome Issue

MrT
Grafter

Google Chrome Issue

Internet Explorer 8 was taking longer and longer to load web pages and sometimes was not successful at all.
So I thought I'd try Google Chrome.
Pages now load so quick that I don't always see it happen - especially when I blink!
One 'problem' I've noticed is that when a page is larger than my laptop can cope with (resolution 1024 x 768) the right and bottom scroll bars do not show so that I cannot see all the page.
I just wondered whether anyone else had seen this 'problem'.
4 REPLIES 4
Moncrieffe500
Grafter

Re: Google Chrome Issue

Quote from: MrT
Internet Explorer 8 was taking longer and longer to load web pages and sometimes was not successful at all.
So I thought I'd try Google Chrome.
Pages now load so quick that I don't always see it happen - especially when I blink!
One 'problem' I've noticed is that when a page is larger than my laptop can cope with (resolution 1024 x 768) the right and bottom scroll bars do not show so that I cannot see all the page.
I just wondered whether anyone else had seen this 'problem'.

try pressing Ctrl and down scroll button on your mouse to adjust the size of the web page, thats if you have a scroll on your mouse, i use google chrome, never had a problem, my computer is hooked upto my 42 inch telly, and any time i go on to a webpage that i have'nt been on before i just use the ctrl and scorll button to adjust the page, hope this helps!
MrT
Grafter

Quote from: Moncrieffe500
try pressing Ctrl and down scroll button on your mouse to adjust the size of the web page, thats if you have a scroll on your mouse, i use google chrome, never had a problem, my computer is hooked upto my 42 inch telly, and any time i go on to a webpage that i have'nt been on before i just use the ctrl and scorll button to adjust the page, hope this helps!

Tried that. All it does for me is change the font size of the page I'm viewing.
I have discovered that if you click the 'Maximize' button (top right of screen) twice the scroll bars appear.  Cool
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is it that the window is bigger than the screen size (can you see the bottom right hand corner of the window)?
If you reduce the window size by dragging the top left hand corner and then move the whole window up and left the scroll bars might come in to view.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MrT
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Is it that the window is bigger than the screen size

The 'un-maximised' window is actually smaller than the screen size. On loading a new page the scroll bars do not always appear correctly.
When I maximise the window and then restore to it's original size, hey presto both side and bottom scroll bars appear.
I think there's a flaky bit of code in Chrome somewhere.  Undecided