Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome - How's yours performing?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Google Chrome - How's yours performing?

I tried the original Chrome beta and didn't like it. It leaked memory very badly and would freeze my computer within a few hours.
I've now downloaded the latest version and been running it for about a week. I can leave one instance of chrome running for an entire day now but I still find it becoming very slugish and tabs don't refresh properly until you switch back to them.
So.. How are you guys finding it at the moment?
Personally i think its appealing visually but its the performance which puts me off. I still prefer seamonkey for that (although that become bloated this year too).
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): thread moved to more appropriate forum.]
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES 4
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Google Chrome - How's yours performing?

My current uptime is 7 hours, and I've pretty much had the same chrome window open (and various other tabs) for that long without any issue (although to be fair I can do the same with IE).  I find it pretty fast and stable (using version 4.0.249.0), though I wouldn't have used it if Java hadn't messed up IE and turned its 1/2 a second loading time up to a 15 second loading time, but I like Chrome, that most visited site feature is good.  it does have bugs, it won't recognise what browser is default to make itself default for one, but other than that, yep, it rocks?
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Tried it - didn't like it - froze on me a few times and seemed to host a load of cookies - gone back to Firefox!!
community
Grafter

Quote from: brewerdave
Tried it - didn't like it - froze on me a few times and seemed to host a load of cookies - gone back to Firefox!!

ditto for me!!!
Mand
Grafter

Re:Google Chrome - How"s yours performing?

I quite like it.
I've noticed that some tabs don't refresh properly until you click on them. And it tends to need the cache clearing once every couple of days, but other than that I've found no real issues.