Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my stuff of Ubuntu

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Getting my stuff of Ubuntu

Quote from: Waldo
If you want icons and menus in GNOME3 you can have them. If you don't want to use the hot corners in Cinnamon, you don't have to.

As I said I AM using Cinnamon now, been doing so for past 6 months.
As to "Meta" keys, I use the Win key as an accelerator, map key strokes using the editor and remove the win menu launch, if I want the menu I will click on it. I have Win+E win+T etc mapped to launch apps I want to use. (No I rarely use icons on the desktop as I rarely see my desktop to launch them 😉
I use Ciaro dock extensively I have 2 docks on separate monitors, I prefer it to the stock panels.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Getting my stuff of Ubuntu

It generally works for me (depending on search string); at best it's inconsistent. Search from within Nautilus is usually better (but still not great) in m y experience.

Same as me, very inconsistent. Sometimes when I type in one letter it will sometimes bring up a stock folder with the option of doing a file search (Pic 2) If I was to type another letter this would immediately go away and doesn't do it every time. I've installed Gnome Search Tool and added to favourites to get round this. Would be nice if I could get there off the super key but hey ho, it's just an extra mouse click I suppose.  Undecided