http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24283185
Bit late now  Grin Grin Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Gates calls Ctrl+Alt+Del command a mistake

I would hate to have a single key press for that - I have enough problems hitting the Windows Key by mistake
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've had keyboards like this one before now:

Think it was about 2 days before those three keys were prised out forcefully and possibly even burned. Quite happy with the multiple keypress, thanks.
Makes me think of those huge industrial paper guillotines that deliberately require two buttons to be pressed before the blade will come down, in order to make sure that your hands are nowhere near the blade. Perhaps we should make those voice activated instead? 😕
avatastic
Grafter

One button bad.
Thee buttons good.
I can't be the only one who's missed the floppy eject button and ended up powering off a PC...
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
thejudge
Rising Star

When I got my Win7 PC last year, one of the first things I noticed was that the power switch was on the top of the case instead of the front.
First thing I did was reprogram that button so that nothing happens when I press it. Otherwise I just knew what would happen if I was groping down there to plug in the external HDD or the SD card (both ports on the top as well)...
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Personally I call the CTRL ALT DEL feature a good thing - when windows screws up you have half a chance of recovering..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
Personally I call the CTRL ALT DEL feature a good thing - when windows screws up you have half a chance of recovering..

I have to agree that the C.A.D 3 button combo is only a half chance, (if your lucky)
however
Don't forget the power off button and Linux distro(s) of several flavours can be the main medics for ill windows machines,
making sure that surgery is performed to give memory upgrade(s) to suit the software you require to frequent IE: labour intensive programs like Photoshop etc.
Most important keep all devices dust, crumbs, pet hairs and liquid spills etc  free