cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G Mail frustration; other e mail accounts no longer associated, but G Mail keeps downloading

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

G Mail frustration; other e mail accounts no longer associated, but G Mail keeps downloading

Months ago I removed from my Google Account all my other e mail addresses [from other providers,]

so they'd no longer show in G Mail inbox.

Yet when I log onto G Mail web interface, every other a/c's e mails show in INBOX..still Sad

Changing p/words makes no difference.

I can find nothing in Google settings on desktop or Android phone to sort.

Any Google experts out there?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: G Mail frustration; other e mail accounts no longer associated, but G Mail keeps downloading

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Email to Tech Help

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: G Mail frustration; other e mail accounts no longer associated, but G Mail keeps downloading

Did you have gmail set up to fetch e-mails from other servers, or did you have e-mails set to forward to your gmail account?

If the latter, then I'd guess emails are still being forwarded.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Even with the former, I think one of the options within GMail is to retrive the messages using POP3. If POP3 has been used then I would guess that the messages have been physically downloaded to your Gmail storage, therefore removing the account connector isn't going to do anything to historic messages that have already been downloaded. You'd need to delete them manually/using a search/filter.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@bobpullen , good point. I'd assumed the problem was new mails still being received rather than historic mails still showing.

At least this thread has prompted me to update my own gmail config to remove pop3 fetches from defunct accounts.