cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Linux 14 (Thorium)

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Fusion Linux 14 (Thorium)

Fusion Linux is a completely free and open-source, Linux based operating system and a Fedora Remix. It is an installable Live DVD/USB image that includes multimedia functionality out of the box with added desktop tweaks for better usability and additional software. The Live image can be installed to your hard disk. Fusion Linux is 100% compatible with Fedora, and includes packages from Fedora and RPM Fusion software repositories with some additional custom packages.

http://fusionlinux.org/
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

Re: Fusion Linux 14 (Thorium)

Oh dear - not another distro!  Shocked    It gives me a headache just thinking about them all.  Undecided  Still, if it's entertaining the developers then so be it.
Does anyone else wonder whether it's necessary?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I think Its handy not necessary, You see this Is trying to make Fedora ( Which I find hard ) easy for newcomers.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I had/have major issues with Fedora. On a live CD it boots then hangs at the video start-up. I know I can force it to use vesa etc, but I shouldn't have to this isn't a M$ OS  Cheesy
I tried loads of distros before finding MInt a few years ago (nearly 3 now) and haven't moved since.
As to poppy's to many, well choice is the name of the game, when you find one you like you stay with it, but until then keep trying different ones. What would the world be like if we could only get cars form a singe source?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Isn't Fedora a spin-off from Red Hat?? (or vice versa)
So why isn't Fusion named after somebodies headgear?  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

fourfourdevon
Grafter

Quote from: A
Isn't Fedora a spin-off from Red Hat?? (or vice versa)
So why isn't Fusion named after somebodies headgear?  Grin
Fedora is the community develop version sponsored by Red Hat, it is often used by Red Hat as testing ground before inclusion in Red Hat linux, Red Hat linux is developed from sources* solely by Red Hat themselves.
Fedora <> Red Hat, but they share a lot of similarities.
Like other people I've had no end of problems with Fedora failing to install or installing and then failing to run.  I will stick with Ubuntu which has always worked first time and out the box for me.

* The sources may or may not having anything to do with Red Hat.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I burnt a disc of this Fusion Linux last night, Burnt successfully but when I was loading up the disc all I had on my screen was a blur of lines and graphical mess, Had to hard restart my PC because reisub would not work, Maybe cos I was on a live disc? Any way that discs out and In the pile never to be looked at again.