Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fritzbox 3490 ?

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Fritzbox 3490 ?

anyone used a fritzbox 3490?
looks a pretty good box, with combined VDSL/ADSL modem, AC widi, gigabit ethernet.
never used a fritzbox before, but looks very powerful.
7 REPLIES 7
chenks76
All Star

Re: Fritzbox 3490 ?

guess no-one has any experience of fritzbox then.
CitizenEra5ed

Hi mate, I'm new here and been on Plusnet for about a month.
I've just bought the Fritzbox 3490 today and finally got set up.
Everything seems to be running much quicker than the one supplied by PN.
The router software seems superb although I've not had much of a look yet.
Is there anything in particular that you want to know?
Regards
c
chenks76
All Star

just be interested to know everything about it.
are you using it on ADSL or FTTC?
what's the router config like?
janitor
Grafter

i have the 7390, it seemed pretty rock solid on both ADSL and BT infinity, infinity was new when i first used it so needed a firmware upgrade, and it worked fine without the BTO modem so just one box. I had the landline running through it and the only problem with that was a the phone would ring in the middle of the night, every night and none there, on the fritzbox forum it was a well documented fault, might have fixed it by now. Not in use at the moment as i have Sky BB and the supplied router insufficient for my needs.I also attached an external HD and could stream movies through it with additional software, and also manage to use 3G when my line went down using a HUAWEI E220. So all in all it was a a pretty versatile bit of kit.
Phaeton
Rising Star

Been trying to set up an AVM 3490 off & on for most of the day without luck, it sees the DSL line but when I try to connect all I get is PPPoE error: Timeout, spoke to Tech Support at Plusnet & unfortunately they were not able to  assist as it was not one of their routers, they sent a couple of links but they weren't much help.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@ Phaeton,  have you selected 'Change Connection Settings' under the 'Internet Connection' tab in 'Account Information' and set 'Maintain Permanently', 'Use VLAN for Internet access' (set VLAN ID to 101), 'Set Manually' under DSL ATM Settings and select 'PPoE' under 'Encapsulation'?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Phaeton
Rising Star

Quote from: w23
'Use VLAN for Internet access' (set VLAN ID to 101), '

Thank you it was this bit that I didn't have, I got a response from AVM this morning with the same advise,
The following special setting is not detected but is necessary for all non-BTRetail broadband customers to get authentication. Without it you will only experience PPPoE authentication timeouts.
Internet Connection > Connection Settings > VLAN Settings
Check Use VLAN for Internet access
VLAN-ID 101
I'm putting an image in so that if anyone else searches in the future it maybe more obvious to them.