Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free month from Amazon Prime

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Free month from Amazon Prime

Giving this a try but not sure if I'll stay with it as although watching those movies and stuff works fine on my Kindle, I'm having real  problems with watching them on my (Panasonic) smart TV. I can scroll through the films and such but as soon as I select to one to watch the screen flips back to the main television menu.

I'm guessing Amazon Prime unlike Netflix is not allowing me to use more than one device. 

Suggestions? 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
15 REPLIES 15
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Free month from Amazon Prime

I'm able to stream from Amazon Prime on a couple of devices at the same time.  I've been subscribing to it for a couple of years, so I don't know if the trial account is different, or even if subscription accounts have changed.

If it was that that I'd have thought it would give you an error telling you so, rather than what you describe.  That sounds more like an issue with the app on your TV to me.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I don't think you can stream to more that one device at a time. Have you tried with only the TV switched on to see if that fixes it?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

@Baldrick1, as I say, I can.  I was sure we've done it before, so just checked and I've got it streaming to a TV and an iPad (different shows) at the same time right now, both from one account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I believe this is the case.

You can stream up to three different titles at the same time on different devices, and the same title can only be streamed on two devices at one time.

https://www.primevideo.com/help?_encoding=UTF8&nodeId=202095500

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1

I stand corrected. I have just tried streaming Amazon Music (that's the 'free' version included with Prime) and that will only allow me to stream to one device at a time. When I try to use a second device I get an error message asking if I want to disconnect the first device. This is obviously what has thrown me.

Moderator and Customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baldrick1 if you want to steam music to more than one device you can login to your Alexa account here, go to Settings and select Multi-Room Music from the Audio Groups category where you can create a group or groups that suits your needs from your registered devices.

Alexa Music Group

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

If you want to stream different music to different Alexa’s though you need to have a subscription otherwise the second one gives the message that Baldrick1 said

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Seems they get you all ways. With Netflix you pay your subscription (or rather we piggyback onto my daughters account) and you have comeplete access to all movies, but with Amazon only certain 'Prime' ones are available and others you either rent or pay for. 

Bit of a swizz if you ask me so no, I'll not continue once that free trial period is up and crikey, even the BBC have you boxed in with paying the licence fee when watching on your smart phone.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2019/feb/21/how-can-i-avoid-paying-a-tv-licence-fee

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I agree with you @pjmarsh, it may be like what you say for playing different music, I can't say I've not tried that. But I have just created and "Everywhere" group using my two devices and asked Alexa to play music "Everywhere" and sure enough "Sweet Home Alabama" was playing simultaneously on both devices.

Baldrick1

Ok, let me clarify what I intended to say. With Amazon Music, at least the free service that is bundled with Prime, you can share a single stream from Amazon to as many of your devices as you like. However, you can only have one stream from Amazon at a time with a single account.

Moderator and Customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see this now having tried to do the same myself I get told that it is streaming elsewhere and would I like to buy a subscription to Prime Music.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

I had Prime for nigh on a year but I found Netflix far more watchable. So it got stopped.

Just before Christmas I was buying something on Amazon, and even now, I don't know how it happened but suddenly it said welcome to your free trial of Prime. So I let it roll for month, then cancelled. Didn't even watch anything. And just last week, up it pops again. Would you like a free trial.....

They must be desperate for customers.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had Prime since it was introduced, bought to save me on delivery charges as I buy a lot (too much) from Amazon. As for their media offering the only thing I watch or have ever watched is ‘The Grand Tour”, I am simply not interested in the garbage they or Netflix produce.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have gone through as many as 7 "are you sure" screens when making a purchase on Amazon while fending off Amazon Prime.

A couple of times they caught me out and I ended up with a month's trial.

I now share a subscription with my daughter so you could say that Amazon's persistence paid off.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine